Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, July 16, 2002

So I finally took my parents out to dinner for their anniversery tonight. They celebrated their 25th anniversery on July 1st. They went to Las Vegas on their anniversery so I could not take them out for it. Actually I was planning a surprise party for them with all our family and close family friends. See, the hard part about trying to surprise my parents is for me to keep it a secret from them WHILE living at home with them. It's harder keeping a secret from my father because he seems to know what is going on. He keeps saying that he has spies all around and knows what I'm doing. So, my plan was to let my aunts April and Wanda help out. My initial plan was to hold a surprise dinner at the restaurant that my cousin Lesa owns. I went to April first with the plan and she started to think about who to invite. I was a bit hesitant when she began to spitting out names of friends that her and my mom knows. I didn't want this to be a big thing!
I then asked my aunt Wanda and cousin Dee for help. Dee actually suggested holding a dinner at the local hall above the Fire Department where I live! Now at this point I thought..."How the hell am I going to convince my parents to come to this hall as a surprise....because every party we've been to has been there! Keeping a secret from my father comes into the picture again! He knows everything! Well, I think the straw that finally broke the camel's back...or so to speak....was the suggestion of a band. I can't afford a band, let alone the food and decorations!!!! I'm broke....living on 8 dollars an hour....living with my folks! Did I mention I live with my folks?
So I decided not to do the surprise dinner for my parents. So, instead I took them out for dinner tonight and told them the whole story. Well, you know mom! She told me it was alright....but it wasn't to me! I was disappointed because I set out to do something like the surprise and it fell to pieces! What the hell am I going to do when I get a girlfriend/wife and kids if I can't even throw a party for my folks! First of all...the moral of the story is....PLAN AHEAD....way ahead! Secondly, just do it! That is my advice. Well......maybe I can plan for their 30th Anniversery......I got 5 more years! We'll see.

So the movie "Braveheart" is on the t.v. now. A great movie to say the least. The one line that sticks out the most for me from that movie is when Braveheart (aka...Mel Gibson) says...."Every man dies.....not every man really lives." I think it hits a point right now. I don't feel like I'm truly living right now. I'm here alone at the house that I'm house sitting for and I can't help but feel that life is just passing me by and I don't know what to do. It's a scary thought! My fear right now is that I'm going to grow old alone. Eventually as I get older, that fear will get me to realize that I have to get my ass up and go out and socialize....make new friends....see new things! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home