Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, February 08, 2003

The Adventures of a Home Owner!

Some of you know that I'm in the process of building my own home. It's a very long and tedious process. Right now I am really just starting. First I have to buy some land, which I will do by buying 2 acres from my uncle. I will be closing this deal with the bank on Monday!
In the mean time, I have been looking at designs for building homes. I was looking into both log cabins and stick built (wood) homes. I've been meeting several places and people about log cabins these past few weeks. I decided not to go with a log cabin because the insurance is very high for them, being both a fire hazard and acceptable to termites. So, it's come down to deciding on a stick built house. I found a lot of designs for them. I found a website, Homeplans.com, and found several that I liked. I think the one that I most like is this, Plan # VL-947, a Victorian style 2 Bed, 1 Bath home. I'm sure I'll tweak it here and there but the plan should stay the same. There were other plans that I like too so it is hard to decide right now on which one I like. I keep changing my mind with this.
So those that are reading this, go check out both the website and take a look at the plans. I'm mainly looking for something less than a 1000 sq. ft, with 2 bed and 1 bath. I would like to hear all of you all's opinons?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home