Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Sunday, April 13, 2003

So I decided to sign up for my church's softball team a few weeks ago. We had our first practice today. Ummm...a bit productive...I think! I'm a bit sore at the moment but should be fine tomorrow. If anybody is interested in supporting me and coming to the games, I would love for you to come out. I'll give you the schedule of games.

I also rented a few movies this weekend. I just finished watching "We Were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson. Very heart renching movie about war! The other movie was "Y Tu Mama Tambien". Yes, it is a foreign film....Mexican to be more precise. I thought it was a pretty good movie even though you had to read the subtitles to understand it. Basically is a story about love, sex, and friendship. Throughout the movie, a narrator interrupts the dialogue to tell a few stories about people that you don't even think about or don't really have a part to play in it. You tend to miss the meaning unless you can understand why the narrator tells you this or until you can figure it out at the very end. Also, the name....which in spanish means "And you Mother also".....is kind of a funny story in which you can also miss it if you don't pay attention. But if you can keep your mind open throughout the movie and understand the end, it does have a sorrowful meaning about life.

Let's see.....my cousin's wife is doing fine since giving birth. Also, I just wanted to say that my aunt who had a stroke is also fine. I have two seperate friends who are expecting the birth of their children next week. My heart and prayers go out to them.

I just want to say to all that have read the poem about Hope that I wrote in the previous entry on 4-7, I want to say that it does hold meaning to everybody that I talk to. After reading so many people's journal, I hear so many of those "No" thoughts. I am especially quilty of saying them too. We are all quilty of saying and thinking those words. Don't lose hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home