Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Sunday, April 06, 2003

Spring forward today!!!

I am exhausted today! Yesterday, I spent the day helping my cousin Danny work on his house. I got there at 9 in the morning, to start on cutting out excess caulk off the walls. After that was done, I went on to sand the porch railings. Now you may say that isn't really hard, but I didn't realize that he has a porch on three sides of his house! It's a huge porch!!! It took me, and with the help of other family members, until 1:30 that afternoon to finish sanding all the porch railings. Pretty much it was just me, my mom, and my cousin's wife Carman, who also 9 months pregnant, that sanded the porch! At one point, which was actually quite cute and funny, my cousin Dee's four year old daughter, Courtney, came up to help and she sanded for just a little bit. But you know how the attention span of 4 year olds are...she quit after a few minutes.
After finishing at 1:30, my aunt Sheila brought lunch for us. She was kind enough to get pizza from Pizza Hut! It was two large pizzas to feed at least 6 people. It was another funny about Courtney in this....she ate 5 slices of pizza. She only left one slice of cheese pizza for Carmen, who again was 9 months pregnant!
After lunch, we worked to stain the porch railings. This time, my cousin Dee came by to help. We started around 2:30 and didn't get to all of the porch when we finished around 7:30, when we couldn't see what we were doing! I'm going back up next Saturday to help again!
I didn't get home until 8:30 last night. Our phone lines were cut Friday night/Saturday morning because they are building a house on the lot next to us. We assumed that they cut our phone lines. Anyway I couldn't get on the internet Friday or Saturday morning and no phone calls. Found out last night that my friend Ginger, actually came up to Charlottesville, which was only 20 minutes from where I was working on my cousin's house, to visit. She told me she called 4 times but never got the answering machine. I told her about the phone being cut. Her birthday is next Saturday, and I wanted to go visit her in Northern Virginia, but I told my cousin Danny that I help him again! I felt bad to do this to her! I'll find another time to come and visit her but I know it wouldn't be the same since it's her birthday next weekend!

So because of the daylight savings time, we have to put the clocks forward an hour. That means we all lose a hour of sleep! So this morning, not only is my body hurting from working yesterday, but I lose a precious hour of sleep! So I am a bit cranky this morning among other things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home