Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I went to the local Food Lion after work to get some bread. As I get in the "12 item's or less" line there, I see my uncle is at the head of the line trying to buy groceries. However, to me it seems that he has more than 12 items! I don't say anything to him because there are two other women between us, so I just watch him and see what he does. Pretty soon a few people start to line up behind me to wait, including a young woman trying to by some beer and wine.
Anyway, as we are standing there, I see that the person at the register has finally totaled all my uncle's groceries. My uncle tries to use one the the firefighter credit cards he has (he's the chief of fire fighters at where I live) and is told that the credit card has expired. He tries to explain to the cashier that he has another credit car that is current, but he still holds line. He finally decides to use cash since he can't find the current credit card. During this time I can hear the young woman behind me talking on her cell phone describing to the other end what's going on with my uncle. I can tell that she getting frustrated....as am I and I'm sure the other people waiting in line.
So right when the cashier rings up the groceries with cash, my uncle finds the current credit card and asks the cashier if he can use that. At that moment, I can hear a collective sigh of frustration from the people in front and behind me. The cashier tries to get the attention of the manager in hopes to find a way to return the cash and use the credit card. I overhear the manager say that they would have to rering up all the groceries! I said to myself..."Oh shit!" He see's me and I all I can do is laugh at him! Again, you have to realize that this the "12 items or less" line and he has more than 12 items.
So they rering him up, and finally uses his credit card to buy the groceries. He finishes, and carts the groceries to the car. As he leaves the store, the young woman behind me says "I would be embarrised if I had to find out that I had more than 12 items to ring up in the "12 item's or less" line and hold everyone up like he did!" I chuckled to hear this and turned to her and said, "Yeah, I know! And I know the guy.....he's my uncle!" She then say's, "Oh! I'm sorry!" I just chuckled again and told her "It's all right. He can be a pain in the ass sometimes anyway"!

So kiddies....what's the moral of this story? Never have more than 12 groceries in the "12 items or less" line when you go shopping. You just piss people off when things go wrong....that's including people who know you and are related to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home