Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, March 22, 2003

What a marvelous day it was! It was a good day to take a walk, don't you think? I went for a 10 mile walk actually. I enjoyed it but I'm sore right now, legs hurting, and I got a sunburn. I probably waved to everybody that passed me!
Actually got to talk to an old friend, Jared Groot, along the way. Found out he is back home after being broke and his mother is in the hospital! I could only give him my best wishes and prayers for her. Most of what we talked about was just the natural nostalgia of who's with who, who's married/dating, who's sleeping with who, and who's just disappeared altogether! Nostalgia tends to make me meloncholy lately because it's hard to digest how people are and do now. God, I hate growing up! Thinking about this reminds me of one of my poems....

The Loss of Innocence

Why must we lose our innocence to the necessity of experience?
Why must the innocence of a child
be lost to the experience of an adult?
Why must we lose the innocence
of the mind, the body, and of the world?
The mind of the child must lose the innocence of love and unselfishness
to the experience of the adult mind of hate and greed.
The body of a child must lose the innocence of purity
to the physical and sexual experience of the adult body.
The world of a child must lose the innocence of a mother's comfort and safety
to the experience of war and death of the world of the adult.
Why must the child lose this innocence
to the experience of the adult?
The child must sacrifice this innocence
to gain the experience of the adult
to grow and survive as one and with the world.


The world has no patience for innocence anymore. We long for it again but we know that it has to be sacrificed in order to survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home