Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Friday, February 14, 2003

Yes, today is Valentine's Day. Yes, whatever! Now I can rant and rave about this supposed holiday. I could argue that this, like everybody says, is just a Hallmark holiday. However, I could say that if I had someone special in my life, I would be celebrating it all together. No....I'm not doing either. To those that are reading this....those who have significant others or dates, I hope you have a great time.....and to those who don't, let's be optimistic about next year.
Anyway, I didn't even want to think about it today but a few things did have to bring me into the fold. I did get a Valentine e-card from a friend, in which I never expected to anyway. Also, when I got home, my mom had actually got my dad and I a Valentine gift. I told her before hand that I didn't want or expect anything.....but she did anyway. She got my father a framed picture of his favorite NASCAR driver.....Bill Elliot. She got me a DVD....."Sweet Home Alabama"! I was both thankful and resentful about the gift, because it was thoughtful of my mom to get me that but it also makes me feel how lonely I am to just get something from your mother. I'm not saying that I'm complaining. I'm guilty of not thinking about other people and sending them Valentine's notes/gifts.....but I have been asking myself what is the point. I try too hard remembering people's birthdays and it's a let down when they forget yours. So I think it's easier to not send anything to friends on Valentine's because I don't expect anything in return.
Anyway....I don't want to go down that road. I told myself I wouldn't rant or rave. I am going to go out to dinner with my parents after work to a nice restaurant. I will probably stop before hand to get some flowers for my mom.
Well...anyway, there's always next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home