Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Life….or something like it!

Here’s a basic recap of my Labor Day weekend!

It started on Thursday night after work when we played a double header in my company softball team. I’ll just give you a basic gist of it…..we lost both of them! I actually didn’t do so bad….but that’s because I was a sub for both games. When I did come in, I went 1 for 1 in the first game and 1 for 2 in the second game. We are now 0 and 3 in the standings!

When I got home that night, I learned that my uncle and aunt were planning to move out of the trailer….that lies on my property of where I’m building. The plan was that I build on the spot where the trailer is but they live in it now since they are building a house for themselves. I didn’t want to push them out but they knew that I wanted to start soon. Anyway, with the news that they were moving out over the weekend, my folks were in a rush to find out some way to get the trailer off the land. The original plan was that my father found someone to take it to use as a hunting trailer but found another one a couple of weeks ago. So my folks, especially my mom, who was trying to help me on this, started looking up numbers to give away the house. I was helping her looking up numbers and all of sudden she was bitching on how we have to do this now!!! I am just there reading the numbers in the phone book when she did this so I started shouting back feeling that she unjustly bitched at me, and all of a sudden it was a shouting match between her and I. For those that know her, and me, we never argue about anything in way like this before so it was an unusual outbreak of emotions between the two of us. However, we calmed down to finishing looking up numbers.

Friday, after I got off work, I came back home. I found out my mom had called around about getting rid of the trailer but only found that would cost me $1200 to get a guy to come and take it away. I was feeling the pressure on me at this point but it then that my mom got a call from my uncle….the same one that I bought the land from….found someone to take the trailer away for FREE!!!! I was so relieved to hear that.

Saturday morning, I got up early to go help my uncle/aunt to pack up and move out of the trailer. But, when we got there, they moved most of the stuff out already. I helped though move out the fridge and some large cabinets. They moved all their stuff into the large shop that they have below where they are building! Now, all that I have to do is wait until they move the trailer!

After helping, I left around 3 to come back home and get dressed to go out to dinner with Loreley. Her mom came down from Ohio for the weekend and she wanted to meet her. I was a bit nervous about it and I dressed up for them. However, I seemed to have been overdressed because they dressed in shorts and t-shirts and I had on my Sunday best! I meet them at the Kroger parking lot…where Loreley works. It was Loreley, her mother, aunt, her grandmother, and her mother’s friend and we all got into the Suburban and went to dinner at the Outback. I actually had a good time eating out with them. After dinner, they drove back to Kroger and I said goodbye to her mother. I think she liked me because she hugged me before leaving. That is a good sign right?

On Sunday, I went to church that morning. I ran into Loreley after the early service and she was heading out with her mom to Fredericksburg. I went to my mom’s cousin house to have a birthday party for my aunt and uncle, who are twins, for their 42nd birthday.

On Monday, I was off from work because it was Labor Day. I slept in that morning but decided to go town to go see Loreley at work to ask about going out after she got off. We decided to go for a drive to Skyline after work around 2, so I went to Lowes to check about a sample of aluminum siding for the house that I need to get to compare for bricks I was getting for the house. I then went to Loreley’s house to meet up with her. We left around 2 and drove from Greene up to Skyline Drive. We decided to stop and hike up Humpback rocks there but about half way up, it started to rain. When we finally got back down, we were both drindged! We decided to drive back to Charlottesville, where we decided to get ice cream at Kohr Bros. I don’t know if that was such a good idea since we were still cold from the rain! We then headed back to her house where I realized that my windows in my car were down and some rain poured. Luckily, her parents were home and put towels on which I’m thankful for.

Hope everyone else had a good Labor Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home