Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Thursday, September 05, 2002

Ok, so I freely admit that I watched the finale of American Idol last night! I never really got into the idea when it started. I thought it was one of these God awful reality shows that have been coming out lately! Honestly, I do watch The Real World (which I do know that it is not that real) and Survivor! But for every one reality show that I think is good, they have out three that I thought were terrible....ie....Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire, Temptation Island, and most recently Celebrity Boxing! You have to wonder where are society is going when they make such quality programming these days! Speaking of how our society is viewed, I can't help but remember my time down in the Bahamas a couple of years ago! I went to Andros island, one of the island in the Bahamas, for a class trip! They had only a few televisions there and all I saw on television was The Jerry Springer Show, WWF, and constant news about Clinton and Monica affair! When I was there, I couldn't help but think...."Is this how the Bahamians see Americans!"

But anyway, back to my point with American Idol. I thought that both Kelly and Justin sang beautifully and Kelly does deserve being the winner of it. It seems to me tha the central theme of reality tv these days is to make celebrities from nobodies! TV can offer you your 15 minutes of fame now! I'm just wondering how far the networks will go to bring you your 15 minutes of fame. Can Kelly last that long and will we remember this in 5,10, or 20 years?

So other news......well with me. I'm still looking for personals on Match.com. Not much luck......I'm getting fed up with waiting for women to respond. I'm actually wondering if the picture that I have on my personal is scaring off the women.....I have my goatee and my face looks a little red! Oh well, when it happens, it happens.....right? I'm in no hurry.....welllllll....maybe a little.

Has everybody heard of Classmates.com. You can look for old classmates from high school or college. I decided to register on there but for 36 dollars a year, you have the ability to email other classmates and write a biography of yourself! I thought about it myself. Actually there happens to be someone I had a crush on for 4 years in High School, Brandy Jenkins, who is on there! I heard that after she graduated from High School, she married her boyfriend and went to Californina. However, recently, I heard that they got a divorce! I might see what happens!

Tonight I have a softball game! Wish me luck!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home