Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, April 28, 2003

Weekend update

Was suppose to go down and visit my grandmother on Saturday in Newport News. However, I changed my mind and decided to stay home. I know.....I'm a bad grandson! Instead, I went to see the new movie "Identity" with John Cusack. Interesting movie I must say. Until the last 20 minutes of the movie, you don't know what is going on! But it's in that last 20 minutes, you realize what is going on and you say to yourself..."AHHHHhh...I see"! I think it's a combination of Alfred Hitchcock mystery and Stephan King suspense. I think John Cusack is such an underrated actor in Hollywood. It's hard to get away from that "unlucky in love, hopless romantic" type he usually plays except for a few roles he has had. Throughout the movie, he is just so melocholy in his acting. There were a few roles that I wanted to see more of, like of Jake Busey. It's always his teeth that always catch your eye......just like his father too!!! Ray Liotta is always a scary mf whatever part he plays! Amanda Peet...well, I think with enough roles under her belt, she can be a great actress. She has that simple and cute but very sexy aura to her. I liked her in "The Whole Nine Yards" but not because she showed her breasts! Would you believe me if I said I liked her eyes? No...you wouldn't, would you! Well...that's the truth and I'm sticking by it.

Anyway that was the extent of my weekend. There was one notible discussion I had on Sunday with my father. I was in the car when I was thinking about something on social status and cars. I turned to them and said "Do you think that the car that we drive is often a reflection of our social status?" I was thinking about that recently because I see so many people....many of them the young teenagers and the "Cool" guys....driving the supped up race cars and trucks. Sometimes I wish I was driving a nice car like a BMW or these new vehicles that they have instead of my crappy 1992 Mazda Protege! Well, the answer that my father gave me shouldn't have surprised me. He said, "Do you think that the car that you drive is a reflection of your character?" Leave it to my father to come up with the simple truth. I guess you have to ask yourself "Are you a better person if you drive a nice car?" I guess not.....but it does help the ego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home