Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, November 18, 2002

The Hieny-Lick Maneuver

Well, it sounds like a joke.....but I have both a scary and funny story that involves the Hiemlich......or the more creative maneuver...Hieny-Lick!
Well, it started last weekend when I went up to my aunt's house to spend the night with my mom up there with them! We all sat down to dinner with spaghetti and salad. My mom had just sat down beside me and was eating her salad. Suddenly, she starts coughing and choking. I'm sitting there in shock not whether to believe she is just softly coughing or just plain choking! I was in shock! Finally after a few seconds, my cousin's husband, Bruno, understand what was going on and took her to the bathroom and gave her the Hiemlich manuever! He did it and she finally got the piece of cucumber that was stuck in her throat! However, that whole night we just had to laugh about it because a few of us at the table were just in shock about it and didn't know what to do!
Anyway, my parents went to church without me yesterday and when they came home, mom preceeds to tell me a funny story of what happened at Sam's Club. While they were in there, my father was eating jelly beans when he started to cough roughly. He said that he just wanted to get some water to wash it down! However, my mom sprung into action before realizing if he was really choking or coughing. She tells me she threw down her purse and her bags she was holding, went behind his back, and wrapped her arms around him in a bear hug postion, and started to do the "Hiemlich"! It's funny because if you have seen my parents, father is about a foot taller than my mom in comparison! Also just to see this is funny enough but when my mom tried to renact this, she was hilarious! She couldn't stop laughing at it. And when I asked my father about it....all he could say was that he just wanted to get some water to wash it down!
Anyway.....thank god she didn't do the "Hieny Lick" manuever!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home