Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

CURRENT EVENTS

Let’s see what’s going on these days in national and world news.

Arnold winning the California election.

Besides the fact that he won, which I don’t mind, it’s the fact of this recall that worries me so. Will this set a precedent? In the future will we as a country decide if we don’t like how our leaders do, will we go and recall them just to see if it’s popular and decide on who would be a better leader. It was a spectacle in California! Do we really want this sort of electoral process nationally?

Iraq

Didn’t want it but did see a threat in Hussein. We should have removed him in the last war but that probably would have caused the same problems that we have back then. You have to ask yourself, would you want to have one powerful leader in a self contained country or many volatile leaders going at it and probably disrupting not only the whole country but the whole region. Still, we have troops over there, which I support, but I would like to see come home even if it means allowing other countries to support Iraq.

The World Series

Personally, I am an Altanta Braves fan. However, I do like to see the Chicago Cubs and Boston Redsoxs in it. I would be a great series to see one of them win after such a long draught. However, I hate the Yankees!!!! I don’t mind whoever goes but I don’t want to see the Yankee’s win!

China in Space

Ok, they are about to send their people in space now. It would make them the third country in history to do so, behind Russia and the US. They want to go to the moon too. I’m kind of surprised that the US doesn’t really care about this. I figured this would start another space race like we had we the Soviet Union. Is there a saying that says who ever controls the high road, controls the field....or something like that. I guess we are just licking our wounds with the Columbia disaster. Next up....JEWS IN SPACE!!!! Sorry, just a little Mel Brooks humor!

Roy mauled by tiger in Vegas

Now who is really surprised by this? It was bound to happen after such a long time doing it. I’m not saying he deserved this, but when you are dealing with wild creatures like tigers, you have to expect them to get feisty sometime. I think the tiger was jealous of Siegfried taking up Roy’s time with him!!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home