Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I truly hate hitting and/or running over animals. It tends to give that sick feeling in your stomach. Everyone I know has done it.....whether it be a squirrel, cat, dog, etc..etc. I swear, sometimes it feels like those darn squirrels are playing some sort of game "I dare you" with their woody friends at times by just darting out in the road and back over. It sometimes become a game of "Can you name that road kill" sometimes. I've seen fox, deer, possum....you name it. However, in all this, when you hit an animal, you still get that sickening feeling in your stomach. Tonight was the first time I hit a deer!

It's often ritual when I leave my friend Rachel's house that she would say "Don't hit any deer!" I say alright and leave, believing that I won't. Of course I didn't get that reminder when I was heading from my house to the store. It was just getting dark when I was driving and it just jumped out all of sudden and I hear that loud thud that tells you it's not going to be alright. I stop my truck at the next road while another truck heads in the opposite direction. When I stop, I around to the other side to see if it caused any damage, which it didn't. In all this time, I see the vehicle that came from the opposite direction stop where I hit the deer. I notice it's stopped for the time that I was inspecting my truck, and I was wondering what the driver was doing since it was too dark to see. So, as I decide to get back in my truck, I turn around to see what happen with the deer and if the driver of the vehicle was doing anything. However, as I do finally get back behind, the driver starts driving off and I as I pass the spot, I notice there is a small puddle of blood from the deer but no deer. It looks like it either had enough strength to go back into the brush or the driver did something with it.

DEAR GOD!!!! WHY DID I HAVE TO HIT BAMBI!!!!!!!

Funny thing is.....I'm thinking about the deer meat I ate the other day! That was some good meat!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are safe.
-Ginger

October 17, 2005 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home