Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Funny story today at work:

I was talking to my supervisor, Jason, about me not knowing about vehicles. It seems essential since I work at a Automotive car company! Anyway, he tells that we have to find a way for me to learn more about vehicles through some sort of system. Now at this point....realizing that I watch too many movies in my life time....I said that I do the same thing that happened in the movie "Major League 2".

Now for those that do not know the movie....here is a brief synopsis of it.
1. It's a baseball movie
2. In the movie...it's about a bunch of misfits on the Cleveland Indians
3. The catcher...."Rube"... of the team has a problem throwing the ball back to the pitcher
4. The assistant Manager....played by Tom Beringer.....thinks of a way for Rube to control his pitching to the pitcher
5. The answer.....Rube reads Playboy....the manger tells Rube to think of Playboy playmates info and think about that when he is throwing back to pitcher.

So I thought of this when Jason was telling me this. However, when I said that it was Major League 2....but he said it was Major League 1. So we keep saying to each other what we thought was the right movie. After a few minutes going back and forth, Jason says why don't we bet on this. Now at this point I'm reluctant to bet even though I know I'm right. At first we shake on it but we don't say what we win who ever is right. I first suggest 10 bucks since I'm so poor!!! Then he suggests that the loser buy the winner lunch! So I say sure....why not.
A few minutes later, Jason walks by and says he thought of something more funny to bet on! He said who ever loses, has to wear a dress!!!! I say to him that I can't wear a dress because of my hairy legs....but he is so willing to wear the dress since he believes he is right!! Now what you didn't know is Jason is a very "big" guy!!! I don't know if he could fit in a dress!
Well, we finally decided to check on the internet to see which movie it was in. We found out that I was right...it was in Major League 2. Jason admitted that I was right!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!
Now at that point, when Jason suggested wearing a dress....Dana, whose cubicle is behind me...overheard us. When she heard about the bet and Jason wearing a dress.....she started to crack up with laughter!!! It was one of those long laughs that made her red in the face and cry!!! Both of us at that point could not stop laughing for at least a half an hour when we thought of Jason wearing a dress!!!
Well...I guess it's one of those "Had to be there" moments! But it did make me feel better for the rest of the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home