Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, February 22, 2003

Movie whore learning HTML

Yes, quite a title for this entry I must say, but quite true. I saw Daredevil last night. I thought it was okay. It doesn't compare to Spiderman though. I don't know if I can picture Ben Afflack as a vigilante superhero type. I'm sure he can pass for the hunky romantic comedian. I liked him in all the Kevin Smith movies such as Dogma and Chasing Amy. Speaking of Kevin Smith, aka Silent Bob, he had a scene in the movie. However, it was so short of a scene, I wanted to see more of Kevin Smith. I also thought they should have had more of Micheal Clarke Duncan, as Kingpin. He makes a great villian. However, I thought the most redeming part was Colin Farrell, who plays Bullseye. I didn't care for much of the Recruit, which he was in, but I think he is....and will be...a great actor.
Today, I went to see Chicago. I have to say that I liked it. I'm sure many of you know it's based on a musical. After seeing this movie, I really want to see the play. There aren't many musicals that I like. The last one I saw was Moulin Rouge, which I thought was terrible. The music wasn't too terribly bad....the only song piece that I liked was when the Argintinian guy started singing "Roxanne" in that bass voice of his. However, for Chicago, I thought the musical numbers were awesome. All of them, especially with Catherine Zeta Jones and Renee Zelwigger (please excuse the spelling) were just so sexy and hypnotic with their singing. Anyway, I would like to go the muscial play version of Chicago someday.
After the movie, I finally decided to buy a book on HTML. I've been wanting to tweak my journal a bit by adding links to other journals. I know a few people that can help me with this but I want to learn on my own. I'm sure if I can learn enough, I can create my own webpage. I was thinking of a title for it already. How does this sound....."The Magical World of Crispy". Sounds too Disney doesn't it?
Well, it's been raining all day. I was worried that our basement would flood from all this snow and rain. Actually while driving into town, much of the area was flooding. I was hoping that I wouldn't get washed away and disappear on my way home. But where's the fun in that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home