Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Friday, August 15, 2003

So on Wednesday, I had some family from Massachusetts come down to spend a few days with me and my folks. They included my dad's aunt Dot, her son Gowie and his daughter Jenna, my second cousins Rachel and Justin, and Justin's daughter Jada. Gowie and Jenna came down a few years ago, but the others haven't been down before! We made plans to go to Busch Gardens down in Williamsburg, Virginia.

We started out with the six family members that I described above, my father, my girlfriend Loreley, and we meet my Uncle Jeff, his daughter Erica and her three friends along the way down there. We first went by Water Country, which is a few miles down the road from Busch Gardens, to drop off Jeff, Erica, her three friends, Justin, Jada, and Rachel there. We then drove over to Busch Gardens, where we got our tickets and went into the park. My father then took Dot to see my grandmother Jenny (her sister she hasn't seen in years) in Newport News, which was twenty minutes away. My dad eventually made it back to Busch Gardens and meet him later.

So Gowie, Jenna, Loreley and I started out in Busch Gardens going to ride "The Loch Ness Monster" in the England/Scotland area. I always make this the first ride I go on since it was the first rollar coaster that I rode on that went up-side-down! However, Gowie and Jenna were apprehensive going on it and didn't go. After Loreley and I rode the ride, I became the leader of the group and took them through Ireland and over to France, where we rode the "Le Mans", the racecar track. The lines weren't too bad for that day since it was a weekday! It took us about 30 minutes in line waiting. After finishing the racetrack, we meet my dad in Germany to eat lunch.

After finishing lunch, I resumed my position as leader and took them over to the "Big Bad Wolf". Again, Gowie and Jenna were apprehensive about the ride, asking me if it had loops or bid drops. I said no to both, but I was only half right. If you ever riden on that ride, it has a huge drop near the end that comes close to river. They warned me if I lied, I get beat up. Luckily, they both had a good time on it. After that, we rode the "Katapult".

We then left for Italy. We decided to ride the "Roman Rapids" to cool off. The line for that took about an hour since everyone else need to cool off! Both Loreley and I were the two wettest of the bunch after finishing. We then went over to the new ride, "Apollo's Chariot". Only my father, Loreley and I had the courage to go on it, but was it worth it. It's been a long time since I had a ride that gave me the thrills and shortness of breath that I had. When you sit down in the ride, the seat is designed so that your legs are dangling. The only thing holding you in your seat is what looks like one of those plastic safety bouys that lifeguards carry around with them. It didn't have any loops but the drops were huge and with the seat, it made you feel weightless! After that ride, Loreley and I rode "Da Vinci's Cradle", while my father took Gowie and Jenna to ride the "Da Vinci's flying machine". After finishing, we went to ride "Escape from Pompeii".

We then went back to where we started on the "Loch Ness" in Scotland. This time my father convinced both Gowie and Jenna to go it. When they got off, they apparently enjoyed it! We then proceeded back over to Germany where my father took Gowie and Jenna to ride the "Big Bad Wolf" while Loreley and I rode the "Alpengiest". We then meet them back for ice cream. I got the only thing that I really wanted from this trip....A FUNNEL CAKE!!!! MMMmmmm....tasty! After finishing, we then took the sky carts back over to Italy for the last hour of our day to ride "Apollo's Chariot" again. However, Gowie and Jenna didn't want to ride that this time! It was actually better the second time!

We then decided to leave the park to go back and meet everyone else at Water Country. When we got there, we meet everyone at the hotel of the entrance of Water Country. There, we ran into my grandmother Jenny and her boyfriend Greg. My great aunt Dot had spent the day with her but my grandmother wanted to meet everyone before they went back up to Massachusetts. She also wanted to meet Loreley! I have to say that the meeting went well!!! After about 45 minutes, we headed for home. We didnt' get back until 10:30 last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home