Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Friday, September 12, 2003

Last night my company softball team played it's fourth game of the season. We didn't look too good. The other team scored 7 runs in the first inning. By the time it finished, the final was 14 to 4! That makes our record now 0 and 4!!! Damn...we suck. We made a lot of errors and the other team hit mostly up the middle bloopers. We actually could have scored a couple of more runs but we didnt' have a third base coach to tell people to go home. I'm the one has been doing the third base coach but I didn't since I was trying to keep the scorebook.
On a brighter side...if you can call it that...my parents came to the game. It's their first game to my company softball. They wanted to meet everyone that I work with. All my co-workers now know where I get my grin.....which I get from my mom.
Well, they got to see probably one of my best games offensively since I started playing last year. I was the designated hitter (DH) of the game, playing at the 12th position. You can have 12 players hitting in the line up only if there are 6 girls and 6 guys. I elected to be the DH to let another guy play in the outfield since he was new to the team. I went for 2 for 2, a single in the 4 inning and a big shot to the outfield in the the 6th inning to give me a double. I later heard that my mom was so excited for me that she was dancing and yelling in the bleechers!!!
After the game, I introduced them to some of my co-workers. They all seemed to like them. After they left, the rest of the team decided to go to BW3 but I decided not to since I'm trying to save my money for the house. Well, after hearing about this morning, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not going. All of them had a good time, got drunk, had a lot of conversations, and even a few stayed till midnight. I'm promising myself that next time they go, I'm going!

I also signed up for a Live Journal account last night. My friend, who has a website called, Muppethouse, is setting up Live Journal accounts for anybody who wants one. I thought it was pretty cool of him to do so but I have to figure out what I'm going to design on this new journal. I'll keep you informed about the new journal when I set it up.

Also heard this morning that both Johnny Cash and John Ritter died! Now I would have expected Cash to die since he was 71 years old. I figured since his wife, June Carter Cash, died 6 months ago, he would go soon too since I hear that couples that stay together for that long usually die one right after another. But John Ritter....that was a complete shock. Everybody knows him as Jack Tripper from Three's Company, which I always enjoyed watching, and he was only 54. I enjoyed the one show where there was a miscommunication with one of the roommates....that was the best one (yes...I'm being sarcastic here. There was always a miscommunication)! But it was just a sad thing to hear after you grow up on watching him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home