Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I stand on my deck, it's completely dark outside, and look up at the heavens. Billions of stars twinkle and dim and I'm in such awe of them. Tiny and insignificant.....that's how I feel as I just look up. The souls....the billions of them.....look down upon us. Watching. Hoping. Praying. They wanted to change the world too but its an impossible task. They only made a dent in this scheme we call life. It's a bit cold. I can hear the wind rushing down the mountainside. Sounds like the subtle roar of the ocean. A shooting star just raced by in a blink of an eye. I would like to just lie out underneath them for the whole night but it's too cold. Life it seems calls back to realization to come back inside where it's warm. Sorry....I have to lose that wonder. Will I ever keep it? Or should I let it go just like everybody's dreams of changing the world. Hmmmm.

I do truly wonder though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is impossible...the Titanic sank, the Wall fell...those things were thought to be impossibleand yet proved wrong...don't let go of your dreams...when you do that, that is when things become impossible.

December 8, 2004 at 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was probably your most well-written blog entries ever.

That said: A) even without light polution I doubt that there are billions of stars you can see. I wonder if the Hubble can even see over two billion stars - I doubt it's even close to that.
B) you can make a difference in this world, but if you think you cannot don't be surprised when your philosophy proves itself true.

-Ryan

December 9, 2004 at 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Christmas card! I got it last night. :)

So far you are the only friend that has sent me a Christmas card so that makes you the bestest christmas card giving friend. :)

-margaret

December 16, 2004 at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home