Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, September 18, 2002

MY ADDICTION

I have an addiction that I don't like to talk about. I haven't told anybody about this addiction of mine for the fear of being seen differently.....being mocked.....being laughed at and seen as an outcast! I don't know why I do it but I just do it. It scares the HELL out of me and I need help! My addiction is...is...


I'm addicted to reading the wedding's and engagements section of the Sunday paper! What? Did you honestly believe that I would be an addict of something like alcohol or drugs! I guess you don't know me that well as you thought!
Anyway....it's an odd addiction. Every Sunday I can't help but look at who is getting engaged or married! I think this started when I saw that an old classmate....who happened to be a girl that I liked.....was engaged! I keep wondering if I'm going to see someone that I know that is married! It's actually quite morbid when you think about it. When you see an ex that is about to get married, you can't help but wonder if it's true or not! The heart drops and you are in a total state of disbelief. It's a simple way to torture yourself!

Anyway...speaking of getting married, I know how women....or most women....like to think about their dream wedding! It's a magical dream to organize that perfect wedding! The guys, however, don't have anything much to do with it. Actually it's the guys who have to first pop the question before the woman can plan that perfect wedding! So the only thing that we guys have to think about is in what way do we pop the question to you! We try to be original and/or romantic!
Now you are probably asking where am I going with this? Actually, after talking about this with a friend of mine today, I know how I will pop the question!!!! I don't know if there is a rule that states you should tell people how you are doing but I will share with you on how I will do it!!!
The first thing you have to ask is where? The perfect place? That would be Disney World!!!! I know most women like to believe that they will find their Prince Charming or Knight in Shining Armor bit! Well, where else can you find Prince Charming then at Disney and the Disney Castle!!!!
So I would plan a trip down to Disney World with my future fiancee. As we are walking down Main Street, I would ask someone to take our picture in front of the Disney Castle! We would take a picture first and then I would then ask for another, so I can tell who is taking the picture what I'm about to do. I then go back with my girlfriend, pertend to fumble something, and then get on my knee. At this point I would tell her this:

"Would you let me be your Prince Charming in front of this magical kingdom for your hand in marriage?"

At that point, I would hopefully get a picture of me with my knee on the ground, looking up to my newly engaged...and crying...fiancee, with the Disney Castle in the background!

I know......it sounds cheesy! But what the hay!!! I'm a hopeless romantic!

NOW STOP CRYING!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home