Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 16, 2002

THE VIRTUE OF LONELINESS

I am the center of the universe but I am alone.
I live within a world of solitude, a world of despair, a world of loneliness.
Loneliness is my purgatory, my hell, and my prison.
It makes me a hermit in seclusion in the lone mountain cave.
It makes me the stranded sailor on the deserted island in the vast sea of society.
I do not want to be in this prison of loneliness.
It is the hands of fate that is made my warden and keeps me locked away.
In the silence of the night before the twilight of sleep, my tears from loneliness fall upon my pillow.
These tears are brought forth by the thought of my loneliness from the day, the day before, and the day before that and continue into the shadow of my past.
I am a child without a friend, the lone child without anybody to play with on the playground.
I am a teenager without companions, the lone teenager without anybody to go to a party or mall with.
I am an adult without a soul mate, the lone adult without anybody to share his love and confession.
It is the love from family that I do not fall into the abyss of my loneliness.
It is their love, their strength, and their companionship that keep me alive at the loneliest times.
However I seek more, I want more, to become more than the loneliness.
To have someone to talk to in time need.
Someone to have fun with, without the need to ask.
Someone to be intimate with; to feel the physical pleasures of the body and mental wonders of the mind.
I seek either a friend a friend or an intimate companion to be with, so I will not feel this deep urge of loneliness within myself.
My only fear is that I will spend my whole life in this state of loneliness.
I fear the feeling that I will live alone and die alone.
The center of the universe is perhaps the loneliest place to be.
The truth to life is to expect loneliness.
In life, people come into it but you never get a chance to get to know them until they leave from your life.
Family is the only part of life that does not leave.
Loneliness is brought on by the expectation to keep a friendship forever.
It is only in death that loneliness will not exist.


I dedicate this poem to all my single women friends out there! I know how lonely it is to not have someone with you in your life. No one to hold you when you are down, no one to rub your hair when your head in his/her lap, no one to say that three words to lighten up your day! Its hard to be be alone and I should know....we all should know!
I should especially know......I was just told by the girl that I went on a date the other that she justs wants to be friends! Those words make you cringe when you hear them. I liked her but I guess I move on. I don't like it.....I feel horrible....but I know that I can move on! But I'm not going to lose hope or stop trying to find someone.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home