Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, January 08, 2003

"Reality" TV?

Is anybody else worried about the state of reality tv? Take for example, "The Real World", on MTV. I think it was this show that made reality tv what it is today. You take 7 real strangers and film them 24/7. However, it's only a 30 minute show once a week that depicts the torrid affairs and triangles of these people and draws them out like a soap opera. I admit freely that I watch this show! In watching the new season, which is located in Las Vegas. Is it me or are the people on this show a bunch of wild horn dogs? One girl is....or was....having sex with one roommate but is showing in next weeks episode that she is going after another roommate. They even talk about this girl coming close to being pregnant by the first roommate! Now two other roommates are going at it while one one them has an open relationship with her boyfriend! Now is this what you call the "Real" world...because if it is, then I shouldn't even be in it!!!

Also, the other "reality" show that I can't help but notice is "Joe Millionaire"! When it first showed previews for it, about a man having to select one girl from 20, I thought to myself, are they running out of ideas. Then the kicker came.....the show told these women that the guy that they were going after had 50 million dollars. However, in truth, the guy is a construction worker that only makes less than 20 thousand. My first thought to this was this is getting really cruel! The boundries have been crossed and tv is going into territory that is just evil! I would think how would the woman that this guy pick feel about being fooled on national television and made a mockery of her! I would be devestated by this conclusion!
However, I truly think this is very very fair! I think it's a great idea once I began to think about it. After shows like "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire", I was thinking that women just went into this for one thing....MONEY! I mean I have to believe that these women who go out for these shows are a bunch of golddiggers who only marry for money! So this show, "Joe Millionaire" is perfect for showing what...not all....women want.......to marry a rich man! How will the last woman react when she finds out this guy is not rich? Are her feelings for him just as strong as the desire for money? I can't wait to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home