Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, June 16, 2003

The long weekend!

What a weekend! It was long and tiring for me! Here's what happened!

A co-worker on Friday gave me an invitation to her wedding! Here's the kicker, the wedding is this Saturday coming up! Apparently, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. My co-worker and her boyfriend decided to get married three weeks ago! But here's the other thing about it....its a Hawaiian style wedding, meaning for guests to dress up in Tropical shirts, shorts, and sandels and all the decorations are tropical! She's also having it at Old Rag mountain in the Shennandoah Park! This should be something but I don't know if I'm going yet!

Friday night, we played our fourth game of the season. Under the threat of thunderstorms, we still played! It did rain for a little bit but nothing too serious! We actually lost terrible!! I think the final score was 20 to 9, and makes our record now 3 and 1. I went 0 for 3 so I didn't help at all!

Saturday I went to help my cousin Danny work on his house. It's almost ready to move in. He put up the kitchen cabinets, which are really nice! We helped with organzing the decks and sanding and staining the trim of the doors. He had also just finished putting the wood floors in that day! Hopefully he can start moving in in about two weeks. After finishing up with what we could, we got cleaned up for a birthday party for a cousin. He turned 3 years old. It was just a small birthday party with a few family members.

Well, Sunday was Father's Day! I hope everybody wished their father's a Happy Father's Day. It was also my father's 50th Birthday yesterday. I got him two cd's for both his birthday and Father's Day. However, I was outdone by my mother when she bought him a 1999 Ford F150 Supercab!
Anyway, we went to church that morning. After coming out of church, my mom was telling me that a young lady from church, who seems to be eying me lately, wanted me to ask her out! Actually, the young lady's mother gave my mom, who happened to be working in the nursery that morning, her number to call and ask her out. I've seen this young lady...she is cute with beautiful blue eyes. I see this young girl every time I walk into church! Anyway, I will think about calling her or probably just go and talk to her next time I'm in church.
After church, we headed out to my cousin's house in White Hall. There we were having a birthday party for my father and two of my cousins that were having birthdays around the same time. It was just the usual birthday party scene.

When we got home last night, I found out that my friend Chau called! I haven't talked to her in awhile! So I decided to call her back. She seemed to be doing fine though she is going through a hard time, though she wouldn't elaborate on the issue(s). She never does. However it disturbed me to hear that a mutual friend of ours is not doing so well herself. Chau would not elaborate on what was going on with our friend but only to say that she, our friend, was in bad shape. Our friend always seemed so stable and healthy when I was there, so when I heard something was wrong, I am just so worried about her. Hopefully when I go up to NoVa in two weeks, Chau will tell me what's wrong with our friend. It's just eating me up inside in wondering what is wrong with our mutual friend. I can honestly say that I've never been a best friend, or a great friend, or even a good friend.....but I've always wanted to be a friend. It hurts to know you don't know what is going on and you can't do anything to help someone when they are in need. I just hope things will turn out fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home