Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Loreley and I went to the marriage seminar last night at church. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It was a two day seminar and I only expected to come to the Friday night part. After getting out of it, I wanted to continue on Saturday, which was planned to last throughout most of the day. However, on Saturdays, I've been either helping my uncle work on his house or work on my property to start building.

This morning, I asked my father if they needed my help. I have this idea that my responsibility to help my uncle and work on my property comes before doing the marriage seminar. Of course I didn't know if they needed my help since I've only been a gofor these last months. I was surprised to hear him say it's really my decision. So I decided to go the marriage seminar.

During the marriage seminar today, it started out with a part on the differences in communication in men and woman. There was a moment during the discussion that lead to kissing your spouse as a form of communication. We were all told to kiss each other (by that I mean our spouse/significant other) for about 10 seconds. When this happened, everybody in the seminar was kissing except Loreley and I. Why not us? Well, I was still getting over my cold and sore throat and I didn't want to get her sick. Poor me!!!

After that session, the men and women were seperated into groups. The men discussed how we can be better husbands and that sort of thing. When that finished, we stopped to have lunch. It was at this point that Loreley had to go to work. When I came back to the seminar after work, the next dicussion was on SEX in marriage. This actually blew me away because we were actually talking about the subject in church of all places! You tend to only hear about sex at church as a sin, but since it was in marriage, it was alright!

After that session, it was pretty much it. Like I said before, I enjoyed it. I'm not planning on getting married soon, but it does gives some insight on when I do....or if I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home