Crispy's Corner

Welcome....come on in.

Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, June 30, 2003

Softball and the Hawaiian themed cookout!

The weekend started on Friday with my softball team playing the only unbeaten team in our league, Victory Hill. Victory was 7 and 0 while we had a 2 game losing streak going for us, making us 3 and 2. I had it in our mind that this was going to be our third game that we lose since it seemd this team was good! I thought this was going to be true when they scored 4 runs in first inning and we couldn't hit the ball in the next three innings. However, around the 4th inning, we exploded. We had 10 runs, with one guy hitting a homerun. I myself, didn't come into the game until the 5th inning so I didn't contribute that much! I only got one hit and that was barely a hit! I also played catcher so I was a little apprehensive about have the bat so close to me. Anyway, we scored another seven runs in the 6th inning but it seemed as though Victory was making a comeback when they scored 6 runs that last inning. However, we won with the score being 17 to 10!

However, I was nervous about another reason with this game. Loreley, the girl I'm seeing came to the game! However, her parents came too and so did my parents....for the first time to see me. I've played last fall for my company softball team but my parents never came because they were always busy. I always told them that they could come but they couldn't. So this time, I thought they would never come but apparently when I told them that I asked Loreley to come, I guess they wanted to come too! So throughout the game, I was nervous about them seeing me. Luckily, I didn't make a fool of myself! How about that.....25 years old and I still get nervous about seeing my parents watching me!

Anyway, after the game, I introduced Loreley to my mom....well, actually I think she introduced herself to Loreley! I know they meet her parents already at church but this seemed a bit different. After the introductions, I wanted to stick around with Loreley at the park, while our parents went their seperate ways to go out to eat and back home. I spent about a hour just walking the park with Loreley and talking. She's cool!

Well, the next day on Saturday, I went up to Northern Virginia to go to a friends Hawaiian themed cookout. It was at five but I came up early to see about visiting my friend Pat and meet her boyfriend and baby Mason for the first time. However, when I got to the Fairfax Towne Center and called, she didn't answer. I figured she was busy with moving out of her apartment since that is what she was doing that day. So I figured I go in to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle in the theater at Fairfax Towne Center. I have to say that I can't remember what the story was because it was all about the bootie in the movie. I mean it was a lot of action but I can't seem to remember what the story was about or if there was really a plot to it. Demi Moore was great though. I go for those dark and sexy women! I have to say that her body does rival Cameron Diaz! But no plot whatsoever! I guess that wasn't the point to begin with, right?

So, after the movie, I decided to call Pat again but still answer. I was kind of disappointed since she is moving to Colorado in August and I don't know when or if I can see her again. So I just decided to go to Wal-mart and Best Buy before going to the cookout. After going into both places, I remember why I realized I didn't want to stay up in Northern Virginia anymore. Everybody was just pushing and bumping everybody else. It's too fast paced for me! Give me good ole Charlottesville! But hey...they are finally building a Best Buy down here now!

After my adventures there at Wal-mart, I went to the cookout. However, I was and I seem to be always, the first one there. Q and Robson were there because they lived at the place. People were finally trickling in and it was awesome to see almost everybody that I knew from our little gang in college! I was especially shocked to know that my friend Chau came because she is always the one who never wants to hang out with us. We had a good time just hanging out on the porch with everybody talking about a wide range of stuff from who is doing what to the odd conversations like anal leakage!!! Don't ask!!! Trust me, it's a long story! Around 12, our friend Nick showed us his movie he made about his adventures in Utah with a group of unicyclists! He's been tooling around with being a unicycler for over 2 years now! After everyone left, I stayed to spend the night there!

Sunday, not much happened besides coming back home! I did call Loreley to come to my game this Tuesday since I have game tonight but she has class tonight. I'm still trying to think of something to do on Friday with Loreley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home